[teacherartexchange] High School Ceramics Assessment lesson

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 18:28:20 PST

Hello All,

I have to be observed next Wednesday and am bouncing through some ideas for my observation. It has to be on
assessment, the classes I teach right now are beginning Ceramics and 2/3 of my studnets are ELL students
levels 0 through 3) speaking 4 different native languages so I can't just straight up translate things. I would like
the students to learn to look critically at some ceramic pieces that I have in the room in hopes of this translating
to them looking more critically at their own work and that of their peers. ( We have been working with self
evaluation and peer evaluation on rubrics but they tend to leave out the "critical" piece.

Anyone with any ideas????????? Thanks,
Gabrielle in Minnesota with 22 inches of new snow in the last week.