Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] African Art Lesson - Granary Doors - Personal Identity (Elem-MS)

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 10:32:01 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Annamae Heimen submitted her lesson for African Granary Doors -
Personal and Cultural Identity:

This lesson was done with 6th grade - but is also suitable for upper elementary.

Might be interesting to try it with clay relief (using carving and
additive techniques) - Then give finished work a wood look patina
(using brown and black acrylic paint). Make door and door frame from
clay slab - wire door on after firing and painting.

I have her lesson linked to elementary and middle school lesson page.

Her lesson also includes a mini lesson in perspective drawing.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources
To unsubscribe go to