Re: Re: [teacherartexchange] Question about digital entries ??

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 06:19:29 PST

Donna and Renee have hit it spot on. Resolution higher than 72dpi is
not necessary for web viewing. The person should not be sending in a
file of that resolution. Working in print the standard is usually
300dpi, it may change to 600dpi at some point, but I doubt any
printers could even utilize the quality of a 4000dpi file.

If you are having problems with resizing the file a quick fix is
taking a screen shot, pasting it into a graphics program and resaving.

For your question:
If our members send entries to other competitions that do not meet every
criteria won't they be rejected ?

Most definitely yes. It's an easy way for them to weed out entries.
I've had it happen to friends. Directions must be followed very
carefully. It is the same as if you had to mail in a photograph. If
you sent in a huge picture it would get set aside. Graduate school is
the same.

Jen
Cleveland, OH