Re: Re: [teacherartexchange] Question about digital entries ??

---------

rpopek_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 05:56:18 PST

The 4000dpi sounds very strange to me? The higher the resolution the higher the file size so I'm not sure whats going on with that picture? Again resolution is generally for printing. In order to know what they did I'd have to see it in photoshop. However if you use the crop tool you can set the size and the resolution to whatever it is you want. The pictures dimensions can be smaller and the resolution still high then photoshop asks you file size before you save and you can choose high medium or low. If they choose low or medium then you can have a high resolution with a low file size Not sure why you would want to do this? I think they just didn't know what they were doing. My guess.
Another concern that might be interesting is that different monitors show colors differently. I can use photoshop to enhance the colors of a painting (and I often do that when putting students work on the web) to just show it at it's best. I tend to want to brighten things up a bit. The original often looks less illuminated when not on a monitor.
 I just got my Artists magazine, the April issue. They have an article in it that addresses just what you are considering. I looked at it briefly this morning before heading off to work. I think it has some good information.
Renee