Re:[teacherartexchange] Question about digital entries ??

---------

From: Donna Pauler (paulerlist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 05:49:35 PST

Woody
Resolution makes no difference. To tell the size of an image look at
the total number of pixels and bit depth.
You can set up a blank document in Photoshop (or whatever program you
use) and put in the number of pixels across and horizontal and
vertical. Then put in resolution...frequency of pixels per inch. No
matter what number of pixels per inch you put in the total is the
same defined by the number of pixels both horizontal and vertical.
The dots per inch are only redistributing the number of pixels in the
image. It is either compressing all the pixels into a smaller space
or allowing them to be bigger (fewer) in the same amount of space.
Bit depth (RGB, Grayscale, or Bit Map) also makes a difference is the
total file size. I got to about 14 kb with a file set up at at the
size you gave (4000 dpi) at bit map mode (black white only) These
type files could be saved as GIF files (lossless file format).
Hope that helps.
Donna