Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: March 29, 2006

---------

cmadona_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Mar 31 2006 - 16:57:40 PST

I have tried several times to unsubscribe to your newsletter. Your directives do not work. Please
acknowledge.
Thank you.

> [...]
> theme was ?What is on Your Mind?" Many of my students didn't collect
> enough words from magazines and newspapers, so we also used
> technology.
>
> Marica did the lesson with 8th grade, mine was with 7th. Lesson is
> also suitable for high school (expect even more text for high school).
> Maybe try a layer of plain newspaper text - with words over?
>
> Thanks for sharing Marica.
>
> Regards,
>
> Judy Decker
> Incredible Art Department
> http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
> Incredible Art Resources

> Subject: my grant
> From: Betty B <bettycarol_40@sbcglobal.net>
> Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:12:10 -0800 (PST)
>
> I just wanted to share with all of you that I just
> learned last night that a grant I wrote for summer
> travel to Italy was ACCEPTED!!!! YAY!!!! I wrote it
> through www.fundforteachers.org
>
> So this means that the high school art teacher, middle
> school geography teacher (my SO) and, at his own
> expense, the hs art teacher's husband - (who directs
> our local art center and is a university printmaking
> prof) will be spending 10 days looking at art in Rome,
> Florence, Venice, Padua and Ravenna. None of us have
> ever been to Italy and we are pretty excited. We got
> just under $7,500 for the 3 of us. You can apply for
> up to $5,000 for a single and $7,500 for a team, but I
> thought it would be a more rewarding experience to
> take, basically, the whole local art faculty!
>
> In short, if you haven't looked into fundforteachers,
> give it a look - I got this on my first try.

> Subject: RE: my grant
> From: "King, Jean" <JKING5@houstonisd.org>
> Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:20:40 -0600
>
> Congratulations! You are going to love it!
>
> Two of the teachers from my school also received one of these grants. =
> They are going to Costa Rica.
>
> I received a Fund for Teachers grant in 2002. It was wonderful! I flew =
> to Amsterdam and took the train from there to London, Paris, Madrid, =
> Barcelona, Nice, Venice, Orvieto and back to Amsterdam. The grant =
> allowed me to actually see what I teach.
> =20
> I went alone, so I had the full $5,000 just for me. It was an =
> incredible experience. I was able to stay in Europe for a month! =20
>
> It opened a whole new world to me. The difference between reproductions =
> of artworks and the originals is amazing. =20
>
> Once I understood how easy it was for me to travel I just can't seem to =
> stop. I went back to Italy to see Florence and Rome in 2003 and then =
> back to London in 2004. I am just back from spring break in London =
> where I went to a different museum each day!
>
> I registered with British Air and got a special deal of $149 each way to =
> London. It was cheaper than going somewhere in the states!
>
> This next year will be the first time that I have been able to apply for =
> the Fund for Teachers in five years. I am already working on my ideas =

technology and digital media. I could definitely use articles for all levels that address this theme, from
kindergarten to high school. I am especially interested in creating art on the computer. Articles should
be less than 600 words and accompanied by good quality images. I would need these by May 1 at
the latest, as I am always working four months ahead.