Re: [teacherartexchange] Question about linocuts

---------

From: Tom Johnsen (koordt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2006 - 07:00:58 PST

Are you using a print press or hand brayering? This could make a very
big difference in the ultimate print. The elderly linoleum, like the
elderly of other species, does not bend as easily as in its day of
yore. It is not so old that it is cracking, evidently. I found money
for a monoprint press and hope next year to get a lot deeper into
printing, and with it drawing. Perhaps you could try warming it (why
not in hot water before beginning the cutting process. Dry it. It isn't
butter but the blade will tend to slip less.)