Re: [teacherartexchange] art show awards

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2006 - 06:22:04 PST

Hi Stacie and all,

I agree with Kathy.... judging the art causes problems. We did have
special awards (judged by area art teachers). We made the clay awards
(medals) our selves. ALL students received a ribbon. I won't go into
the problems the awards caused.... I did do my differently. I had the
teachers do my awards last (then the other staff members were gone). I
wanted some of the students who had never had work in the art show
before get the awards - so I influenced the judges - shame on me.

Stacie, there have been many posts about art show awards. They will
come up in Google searches (art show awards teacherartexchange) Try to
get funding (PTA or Principal's fund) so that all students will
receive a ribbon - look locally for the best price. Ribbons were more
meaningful than a certificate (for our kids). (Our administrators
didn't like signing all of those certificates - so we dropped that and
went to all getting ribbons)
We had white ribbons for elementary, peach ribbons for middle school,
and orange for high school (to go with out school colors). The
different colors of ribbons made it easy to identify the grade levels.
You might want one color for elementary, a different color for middle
school.

Regards,

Judy Decker