Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Question about linocuts

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 20:47:19 PST

Heather, I detest Speedball inks with a possibly
unreasonable level of passion. I am, however, very
very pleased with akuacolor waterbased inks. They go a
long way, clean up easily, and work beautifully.
(this is my personal favorite woodcut supply site, you
can get these inks lots of other places now too)

If the lino is old and brittle, sometimes going over
it with a moderately hot iron will help soften it up.

For printing by hand, my favorite tool is 2 wooden
drawer pulls hot glued back to back. way easier on the
hand in the long run than a spoon.

Good luck. I've been there. Its not you, it is the

To unsubscribe go to