Re: [teacherartexchange] Question about linocuts

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 20:47:19 PST

Heather, I detest Speedball inks with a possibly
unreasonable level of passion. I am, however, very
very pleased with akuacolor waterbased inks. They go a
long way, clean up easily, and work beautifully.
(this is my personal favorite woodcut supply site, you
can get these inks lots of other places now too)

http://www.imcclains.com/catalog/ink/akuakolor.html

If the lino is old and brittle, sometimes going over
it with a moderately hot iron will help soften it up.

For printing by hand, my favorite tool is 2 wooden
drawer pulls hot glued back to back. way easier on the
hand in the long run than a spoon.

Good luck. I've been there. Its not you, it is the
ink.