Re:[teacherartexchange] conference tips

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 13:18:32 PST

Good advice so far.

Wear layers, sometimes the rooms are hot and stuff..
other times they are cold. A week ago weather in
Chicago hit almost 70 degrees, but now it's much
chillier. If you've never been to Chicago, take an
afternoon off to visit the Art Institute and Millenium
Park. They are right next to each other. You'll get
to see the fountains and the bean sculpture. As for
labels, the mistake I made was to put my address on
everything (even ones I was already received). So I
got duplicate catalogs. Sometimes 2 at home and 2 at
school. Also, just because it's free doesn't mean you
have to take it! At the end of the trip, you will
have so many piles of stuff you won't know what to do
with them. Often I would not even take the handouts
because there were so many at the end of the trips I
never looked through. I just take good notes on what
the presenter is saying, glance at the handout and
take it if I think I need it.

Other advice: Bring SNACKS! I'm not sure what food
options are within walking distance but it's always
nice to have snacks and bottled water with.