[teacherartexchange] packing for Chicago

---------

From: Amy Broady (AmyBroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 19 2006 - 11:56:13 PST

As a national convention newbie, I am seeking input as to what I should
bring. I've got lots of questions:

How do people generally dress--are jeans and sneakers the norm for comfort,
or do we strive for a more professional look? I know there is probably a
wide range, but what seems to be the most opted-for clothing choice? Do I
need to bring dressy clothes for any of the occasions?

Weather-wise, I know Chicago can be chilly, so is winter apparel
appropriate?

What have you found helpful to have at past conventions and/or what do you
wish you had brought that you hadn't?

I am planning on packing plenty of paper and pens and pencils, of course.
Clipboards and notebooks. A backpack or totebag for haulin' my stuff around.
(I'm thinking of buying one of those rolling backpacks.) My digital camera,
too, of course.

Should I bring my laptop? I have never brought it on a trip, but since this
is business, I thought it might be nice for journaling at the end of these
busy days, and maybe even taking notes during sessions. Or do you think it
would be more cumbersome than helpful?

Is there anything else I am not thinking of? I don't want to get to Chicago
and say "DOH!! Why didn't I think of THAT?!"

Thanks!
Amy2