[teacherartexchange] Authentic Gilcee Prints ???

---------

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 22:05:42 PST

We went to the gallery openings in Albuquerque last night.
It was a nice evening and we saw some creative work being
displayed. I mentioned to one artist, also from the watercolor
society, how much I liked her work. But I could not help but
comment on the certificate attached to the back of many
pieces. In beautiful type, on tasteful paper stock was the
explanation that you were purchasing an Original Authentic
Gilcee Print. No kidding, is that similar to an Authentic Faux
Fur coat ? Am I the only one wondering about the twisting
of our language these days. I thought the "Spin" was to only
come from Washington.
                                                Woody
Of course I may publish some of my watercolors in the
Gilcee process. But I'll resist the temptation to represent
them as "authentic". It's just a photographic reproduction
using a sophisticated ink jet printer on quality stock.

http://painting.about.com/cs/printing/a/gilceeprints_2.htm

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons