Re: [teacherartexchange] DeviantArt

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 05:34:08 PST

Many of our area schools blocked Deviant Art. I wasn't very familiar with
the site until one of my students wanted me to request the site be
unblocked. Of course I told him I couldn't just unblock the site without
researching it first. Not only did I look around myself, but I asked several
area art teachers. While I'm not opposed to the site in general, I found
that it really doesn't have any educational value for my program. In my
opinion, it fills the same need for the kids that xanga and myspace fill. I
personally tired of the artwork on the site very quickly!

I can't remember who it was, but there was someone on this list who would
have students put their artwork online in a forum and have it responded to
by various artists. Can someone put a link to that site up (and the member
who participated? He was an outdoor watercolorist if my memory serves me).
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids