[teacherartexchange] DeviantArt

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 04:57:59 PST

Does anyone have students participating in forums like
Deviant Art? What do you think of it?
Does anyone have their own blog discussion ongoing
with their students?
I am looking into increasing student acheivement in
art for my HS students by either participating in a
blog or starting my own. I figure meet them on their
own territory, this technology.
They all love Deviant art, and love the feedback they
get on their art, and the huge network of artists that
it is. However, every time I get on it I see mostly
anime, and a strong anime influence. But I cannot
match the large numbers of participants, of course.
Does anyone have their kids on another more
traditional art site of this type? or does Deviant Art
have a more traditional side buried somewhere within
it?
Beth