Re:[teacherartexchange] Gallery Walk

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 14:24:16 PST

Thought I would add on a few more thoughts about the Gallery Walk.....

I can not take the credit for this 'idea' - I learned it at a meeting of all
our art department heads last year.
I have done it with various highschool grades so far, and all seem to enjoy
it.

When we did it with the other heads, we were in groups of 4, with two
markers....typically one person in each group was the recorder - I
reluctantly was the recorder for my group (the one who wrote on the
image)...however, at the end of the thing, after we all discussed it, the
teacher leading the session had all the 'recorder' people raise their
hands.....she thanked us for taking on that roll, and then invited us up to
a door prize table to choose a gift! There was really cool stuff like
posters and canvas stretching plyers, etc.

have fun!
sue