Re: [teacherartexchange] power of words

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 14:30:46 PST

Thanks for this great lesson, Marvin.

The word as art is another "passion" of mine. I will add your link to
my Art with Text page.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/art-text.htm

An extension to the 2-D Word as art, you could do the 3-D letter lesson idea.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Jeanie-Logo.htm
Scroll down - the idea is to paint (or collage) the letter to convey
the meaning of a word. The 3-D sculpture letter has so many
possibilities. My high school students made slab letters for a unit on
Identity.

Other lessons on Incredible Art Department are sign language with
hands..... 7th grade relief sculpture with collaged words..... name
designs.....ribbon letters.....
And don't forget altered books!

You could also do your own "Pop Art" using words.

Judy Decker