Re: [teacherartexchange] power of words

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 11:08:25 PST

>We are doing an art show with the theme power of words. I have done a value portrait with the things the 6th graders value around it (I will be sending pictures soon) but now I am at a loss forany other ideas. Do you have any other ideas for art and the power of words? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks. Tammy

You just inspired me to post a lesson on Art as Word. I believe many many people can relate to this kind of work without understanding much about art. Some may wonder why it is art?

http://www.bartelart.com/arted/words.html

This is a first draft, so I welcome any suggestions from all you folks in the classroom. I do have a piece or two of my own work to illustrate it--coming soon. Right now I need to get back in the studio.

Marvin