[teacherartexchange] Nan's Mask Drawing Lesson - sources

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2006 - 09:19:08 PST

Dear Art Educators,

The other day I posted Nan's link to her mask intro lesson - partner
portrait drawing with student wearing half face Victorian paper mask.

http://artatrms.blogspot.com/

Here are resources from Nan:

I got that art lesson idea (drawing from a model wearing a Victorian
half mask) from the book

Early Childhood Art -4thth edition

by Barbara Herberholz, Lee C Hanson

It appears on page 136

A quick search of Amazon Books produced a 5thth edition

About the masks themselves…I got them years ago at the Vermont Country
Store, but I see them on the link below. They are Victorian half
masks, and really just right for this project. Scroll down the page
until you see them under the heading "bulk masks for parties"

http://www.all4parties.co.uk/masked_ball.htm
(This site is from London)
Here is another source:
http://www.lookinglassusa.com/wholesale/
(click on Victorian masks)

Hope some of you try this very successful drawing lesson. You can even
make your own half face masks (use tag board).

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources