Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] school art show - including art from the community?

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 21:15:15 PST

On Mar 14, 2006, at 9:34 PM, wrote:

> Thanks Woody. I've got a handle on the student art show. . . I am
> looking for input on inviting people who aren't students to submit
> work for the show-- so it is a community show and not just a student
> show. I don't know if this is feasible, and I"m wonderig if anyone on
> the list has done this kind of thing.

        Guess I missunderstood where you were starting. I think involving
community artists is a great idea. One High School in KC used to have
invite an artist to have a show at the school, do a demo and donate a
to be auctioned off. I recently heard that my painting buddy back there
is being paid $500 to do a demo as part of his exhibit at the high
he used to teach at. But that's the rich suburbs outside KC. They seem
to have the money.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703