Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Kids Kinetic Solar Sculpture

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 14:38:19 PST

This is sooooooo neat. Just makes me feel less than adequate in
having the energy to produce such a work.
I'm currently working on a 15'x30' "still" tile mosaic mural. But
this give me new ideas.

thanks Marvin for the inspiration.

I am contracting for next year an "artist -in-residence" to help me
create something similar. It will incorporate sound sensors to
activate voice responses. It will be a science-technology-language
arts- art cooperative endeavor.
There are many opportunities to bring artists into the school to
create these kinds of experiences. It's work and requires grant
writing skills, but it's well worth it.
I always look forward to any opportunity to bring the "touch of art"
no matter how.

P.S. Well, I've been away from the Getty list for about a year.
Judy D's forward of Kevan's thoughts on multiculturalism caused me
to re-subscribe. I have missed this place to make idea-inspiring

On Mar 14, 2006, at 8:34 AM, Marvin Bartel wrote:

> I was pleased to see an online article at this link.

To unsubscribe go to