[teacherartexchange] Movement!

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 09:32:12 PST

Does anyone have any good lesson plans that require getting up and
moving around? My school doesn't have a playground, so there's no
opportunity for recess for the middle schoolers. I teach an art
exploratory, and a lot of the other exploratories offer more
opportunities for the kids to get up and move around. I am looking
for more lesson plans that will offer some sort of physical activity
that can be done at a playground (quickly, because we have to walk to
get to the playground, so that only leaves about 20 minutes for the
activity.)

So far, I've done Gesture Drawing Tag, a Texture Scavenger Hunt (run
around and collect as many textures as possible with crayon/paper...
use in collage the next day), and fine art charades (always
hysterical!). I really need to get these kids out more often, because
it's insane that middle schoolers would not have any physical activity
all day!

Becky
Charleston WV