Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Math-Art integration - lessons

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 07:47:11 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Thank you for all of your responses to help Deborah M. I will forward
all of the responses to her. Woody - do you have the lesson plan for
those 3-D forms your students made? I don't remember how many sides
they had - I just remember that I liked them. (Dodecahedron made with
pentagons?) Do you still have the examples on your site?

There are many lesson plans on Incredible Art Department that deal
with math... Many come up just when you enter math lesson in the
search feature.

I am on a time crunch right now so I won't give you all of the
links.... lessons are easy find.

Look up Linda Woods' geometric mandala - pen and ink. That lesson is
good for upper elementary through high school.

Also find the mancala lesson - paper mache - these can be simple to complex.

Folks have already mentioned Woody Duncan's famous triangle
tessellation lesson... that is on IAD, too (thanks to Woody!).

Here are some links on IAD that came up quickly:
Art using numbers - art about numbers

Links page that might give you some direction:

Radial Design lesson:

Architecture lesson - could use grid distortion:

Lesson ideas can be found here:

Anamorphic art - distorted grid

Chuck close - grid:

Op Art:

These are all good for middle school (grade 5 through 8)

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to