[teacherartexchange] Math + Art Lessons Needed - post to the list

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 13:29:10 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Deb M - a new Getty list member is looking for Art and Math lessons.

Here is her post:

Hello All,

I am new to the list and seek math-based art to do with a group of
gifted and motivated kids in an after school class. Already have a
few sessions planned---Islamic art tessellations, Escher-like things,
and so on---but open to more, especially easily-done 3-d projects.
The majority are 6th-grade girls, but I have some 4th- and 5th-, and
even one 3rd grader; nine 90-minute sessions, and a regular classroom
that has to be set up each time (a positive: have a modicum of
between-time storage). Thanks for any leads or suggestions.

Deb M

Post your replies to the list (Art Education and ArtsEducators
members, I will forward your replies).

Getty members, when you reply - please clip out my email address in your reply.

I will have some answers for Deb too (when I get my own machine back)

Judy Decker