RE: [teacherartexchange] Need idea for styrofoam

---------

Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 06:52:20 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: SUSAN STEVENS [mailto:suestevens@rogers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:01 AM
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Subject: [teacherartexchange] Need idea for styrofoam

Hello all!
I have received a donation of styrofoam....it is about
2 feet, by 3 feet, and 1/2 inch thick. It is smooth, but not like a
meat tray smooth. The white styrofoam seems to be composed of little
'pellets'. It was an over purchase from a stamp/scrapbooking store -
apparently very expensive. I have 20 or so sheets of this.

I teach grade 9 - 12 visual arts....but nothing comes to mind for using
this product. I had originally thought of doing a print, using a pencil
to 'draw'
into the styrofoam (like the meat tray prints), but it's consistently
will not allow for clean lines.
Some sort of sculpture with senior students? Any other ideas? The
styrofoam is white, and apparently takes paint very well. I assume
spray-paint would work also.