[teacherartexchange] NEW Edition - Janson's History of Art -NY Times Article

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 04:35:38 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I enjoyed reading this article. I learned Art History with
Gardner....but am familiar with the Janson book, too. NY Times is free
- you get three Arts articles everyday.

Revising Art History's Big Book: Who's In and Who Comes Out?
By RANDY KENNEDY
The first thoroughly revised version of "Janson's History of Art" will
undoubtedly surprise many of the book's loyalists.

Whistler's Mother is not in the new edition - a much more striking
Whistler work has been substituted.

You will need to subscribe to see the article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/07/arts/design/07jans.html?th&emc=th

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department