Re:[teacherartexchange] dark portrait of "painter of light"?!

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 03:01:36 PST

Thanks for this link. We spent most of Tuesday talking
about various aspects of the article, especially
ending up with their mention of kitsch. When you look
up its defn on Wikipedia it actually mentions Kinkaide
as an example! The discussion of gnomes (Amelie movie)
and dogs playing poker and other was really
interesting in terms of mixed meanings. Very high
student interest. I had been wanting to get into
visual culture, and am so grateful for you sharing
this.
Beth H