[teacherartexchange] new projects up and poems about art!!!

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 09:21:18 PST

http://www.wendypaigefree.com/ehsartwork.html

top 2 are new: liney landscapes + creatures of color.
really had fun with these! tried to emphasize creative
backgrounds w/ the creatures; let me know if you're
interested in "tricks" for this. am convinced the 3+
color scheme and linear brushwork make it nearly
impossible to paint a "bad" landscape.

we've talked on this list recently about art songs;
how about poetry? i recently found a book of poems
about nature in the city
http://www.milkweed.org/4_catalog/4_1_3_4105.html
and, being thrilled with it, started to wonder if
there was a collection of poems about art...google led
me to "discover" ecphrasis: graphic, often dramatic
description of a visual work of art (from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecphrasis). THEN i found
this website with a bunch of poems about art
http://www.dwpoet.com/poetassign.html i am in hog
heaven!

anybody have any art poems to share?

:D wendy