Re: [teacherartexchange] Keeping track of discipline problems

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 05:46:56 PST

Stacie and all,

Heather wrote:
> Names on the board are a nice visual reminder -it helps me
> keep track of who I've spoken to.

Are you keeping your little black book? (Notebook).... The Book of
Naughty Boys and Girls? I kept track of discipline problems very
easily....
I won't go into it more here as I have posted it so many times before.

I will put my name in my own Book for Naughty Boys and Girls today (I
won't tell you why -- grin).....

I had fun with my naughty book. If you make it fun - add humor.... the
discipline problems will diminish. Keep showing that you are
frustrated and the discipline problems will continue --The kids are
winning.

Want to know the form for the black book? Find it on IAD (Rubrics and
Files page on my site) The black book helped a Getty member in an
inner city New York school.... she shared it with more and it worked
form them, too.
The black book was also there for parent conferences. Usually the
names were entered by the student and the violation checked and
comment made. Sometimes it was easier for me to record it....My name
was in there too.
Students got a kick out of when I told them in December I was mailing
all the pages to Santa Claus. This was middle school..... They of
course informed me there was no Santa Claus.... and I said "How do you
know?" with a wink.

If Discipline problems continue to wear you down. Check out Marvin
Marshall's Discipline Without Stress - Raise Responsibility System.
THIS WORKS for every teacher who is using his system. Many have bought
his book.... look it up online. I have posted it many time. Also
browse the list serve on Yahoo.

Regards,

Judy Decker