Re: [teacherartexchange] answer to my cave drawing question

---------

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 04:52:01 PST

>> but they are also
>> routinely on a slope or upside-down. So the problem becomes, how
>> does the
>> right-side-up world occasionally end up rendered upside-down on
>> the cave
>> wall

Let me guess, if I were in a cave with a sloped ceiling trying to
draw on
the curved surface above me. I might be blocking my light source (a
crude
oil lamp) with my own shadow. So I turn around and face the light,
lean back
painting over my head. The image I'm drawing is correct to me in this
awkward
position. But when I move away from the wall and look back at my
masterpiece
it is upside down. My neck hurts from leaning over backwards and I
have left
a confusing record for future generations. I feel satisfied and go
out looking
for dinner.
                                                        Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque