Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] How to be ghetto?

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 18:53:02 PST

On Mar 6, 2006, at 7:24 PM, <> wrote:

> I think all this is frills. Concentrate on clear expectations. I
> firmly believe that
> kids want to please and will perform as you ask if they understand
> what it is
> they are being asked to do. \
> Linda

Linda, is so right. Clear expectations set just a bit higher than
their abilities and
they will surprise you every time. It takes a while to judge where to
set the mark.
Sometimes you will give them a task that is too tough. Just admit to
them that
you goofed. Say something like: "you did a fantastic job, but this is
the hardest
thing I've asked a class to do and I did a poor job of explaining it.
So we are
stopping here and calling it a success. Tomorrow we will start
something new.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703