Re: [teacherartexchange] Tomorrow is my final group!

---------

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 18:44:06 PST

On Mar 6, 2006, at 7:08 PM, Heather Hayes wrote:

> Dude...anytime you speak to a kid - even if you ask them to stay
> after or go out in the hall, the other kids notice. It's
> embarrassing to a point - but it's not the same as yelling at them
> in front of others or whatever. My theory about something like
> that is that if the kid was really all that embarrassed about
> having his name on the board, then he wouldn't act out in the first
> place. Names on the board are a nice visual reminder -it helps me
> keep track of who I've spoken to.

I often walked around the class with a clipboard. I would look at a
student,
lift a page and appear to jot something down and move on. It was very
effective and I seldom really wrote anything on that hidden sheet or
even
kept the paper. But they were sure I had written something about them.
If asked, I would say something about the state requirements that I keep
a record, a paper trail, for evidence in court, or some such BS. I'd
tell
them not to be concerned too much about it. They knew that the top
sheets
on the clip board were always copies of my seating charts. I would
jot down
notes about what certain students might
need to help them on the assignment.
                                Just a suggestion, Woody