Re: [teacherartexchange] 1st year concerns

---------

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 19:28:06 PST

Emily,
        Thanks for posting. Yes Middle School is tough. I do joke about how
easy it is, and it is after a while. I've probably forgotten (put out
of my
mind) most of the bad times. I taught in an inner city Middle School for
27 years. If it's your nitch, it gets better and better. These kids are
full of energy and a desire to learn. Yet they love to test you, and
they
will. Hang in there it gets better and better. You will learn so
much. And,
as they say you don't have to swim faster than the shark, you just have
to swim faster than the guy next to you. Just don't tread water, that
can be very dangerous in Middle School.
                                                Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net