Re: [teacherartexchange] Advocacy

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 17:21:13 PST

    I was told how "grateful" I should be that I was being allowed to exist
on the real teachers' club turf, to do their decorating jobs and whatever
menial tasks they thought my feeble brain cells could handle. Sometimes I
was called "art." Yes, it can be painful and tough. I chose the higher
ground--developing an art program that made a positive, enduring difference
in a child's life. Some of my former students have spotted me on the OSU
campus since I've retired and have told me how much they loved art in my
classes back in their elementary days. Those day brighteners can't be beat.
So hang in there folks--you beautiful people know why you are here!

                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                        Art teacher, K-5, retired

PS Make copies of your degree/s and a list of the courses you took in
college/university and post them prominently in your art room. Doctors do,
at least the degree part.