[teacherartexchange] Source for images - Illuminated Manuscripts and antique maps; history text

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 14:27:07 PST

Judy
What a timely post. We are working our way through The
Story of Art (Gombrich) and your manuscripts site is
so deep and interesting. BTW, anyone looking for a
good art history text for HS, I really recommend
Gombrich. He tells a good story. He is the only art
historian who uses metaphors to illustrate his text. I
guess the others think that the art should be enough.
And it is--for us adults. But my students love this
guy.
Beth H