Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: March 03, 2006

---------

From: Julie Jacobusse (JacobusseJulie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 11:07:22 PST

Maggie,
I do have to turn in lessons each week. They have a standardized form
on an excel spreadsheet. Parts of the form do not relate to art, so I
fill it in the best I can. Maybe I should tweak the form some more.
That thought on writing more about the students will learn and less
about what they are making makes a lot of sense. When I get back to
school I will send in a copy of what I have to fill in for suggestions
from all of you.

I am not sure about my predecessor's have done. I should ask a few of
the reliable students. I do know there was a teacher before me for a
year and she took a job at her church. Then there was another teacher
for 3 years and they said she was strict and mean to the students and
they said they tried to work with her, but she did not work out. Then
there was another one also for a year and she is now teaching 3rd
grade. Then yet another teacher who now owns an antique place in town.
I guess they have only had art recently the last 8years.

One positive thing my principal is active in the local "arts council"
so she does support art and strives to have quality art expereinces for
the students.

Thanks,
Julie