[teacherartexchange] NY Times Article - to spark social comment lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 04:47:21 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Today's NY Times has an article that I thought might spark discussion
- then a lesson on collaboration on social issues.

The Collective Conscious
By HOLLAND COTTER
Collectives, which do away with the one-artist-one-object model, offer
a real alternative to market-driven art.

You will have to subscribe to get the article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/05/arts/design/05cott.html?th&emc=th

Maybe the print version will open?
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/05/arts/design/05cott.html?th=&emc=th&pagewanted=print

Subscription is FREE. This is a great way to bring current events into
your teaching.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department