Re: [teacherartexchange] teenage boys LONG

---------

From: ceastman (ceastman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 03:45:25 PST

> Art has been taught in schools in this country for
> many years, yet we are still trying to convince folks
> that their is value and worth in this field-WHY?

dear Y.R.
you write a very cogent and important message. i can only agree and add
that i recently saw a cartoon posted along with an elementary school
"cave art" display. it was an image of two tourists viewing a cave
painting and said "wouldn't you think that after 35,000 years art would
be more than just a frill?"

linda in michigan