[teacherartexchange] more on ? on "Frida Kahlo" videos

---------

From: leah rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2006 - 17:42:17 PST

Yes I know I am stubborn, I am mostly done with this unit but slightly
obsessed with trying to find a good source, is anyone out there familiar
with either:

Great Women Artists: Frida Kahlo, crystal productions [VC1265-W]

OR

Frida Kahlo: The Ribbon That Ties the Bomb?

I have seen good and bad reviews on both, so I figured I'd ask the art
teachers!

I am leaning towards doing a Power Point presentation, video editing seems
like a touchy area.

I have been cruising e-bay and Amazon, and much to my surprise one of the
authors was the mom of a school friend of mine, her book is out of print,
and a collectors item now! AND, right before I started teaching, (2002) I
got to see the exhibit at the Museo del Barrio - - I was so exhausted after
a whirlwind NYC day, I don't think I appreciated it as much as I could have.

 - Leah