Re: [teacherartexchange] Troubled 5th grade-ideas

---------

From: woodyduncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 04 2006 - 14:52:54 PST

Julie,
        Another trick to making sure everybody gets displayed. I picked it
up while subbing for a high school art teacher over 30 years back. He
hand wrote (before computers) a name tag for every student he had.
He kept all the tags at his desk. When work went up -- the tag was used.
Any tags left meant that those students had not been on displayed. I
adopted his idea in my classes to insure that no one was neglected. Of
course I started printing names tags from my rosters as soon as we
got computers in the room.
        I picked up the idea in 1976. I was a contract sub for art teachers
in our district (my first year of teaching). I kept a notebook of ideas
I picked up around the different classes I covered that first year.
The neat thing was that the teacher I got the name tag idea from had
been my at teacher in Junior High back in 1957. It all comes back
around.
        The best of luck as you grow into a very strong art teacher that
I know you will. And, yes this group is a great way to pass on ideas
that have worked. Even as simple an idea as name tags. You know,
I've been in schools where no names were displayed. How sad !!
                                                Woody

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons