Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Frida video

From: Jeannette Anthos - JHH (JAnthos_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 10:51:12 PST

Hey guys
For those of you wanting to do Frida Kahlo---------------
When I did my unit(s) on Frida Kahlo, I showed images via PowerPoint, where we viewed & discussed her art, and I really spent time explaining her life to them (you can read all about it in this month's arts & activities mag)
There are also some really great kid books out there you can read to them

If you want a video, you can "pull" perhaps an important clip or two from whichever film it is you want to use, like showing her laying in bed drawing. ( I did this with a Jackson Pollock video, b/c I wanted kids to see how he "got in" the canvas to paint-my reasoning is that it's a more efficient use of class time to put an edited tape together, than to FFWD during class-but it was like maybe 5 minutes long)
I have mentioned to Crystal about a Frida video, I believe the difficulty is that the images are expensive, BUT if enough of us want it, perhaps it will get made in time-so email them & let them know!

Hope this helps!

Jeannette Smith Anthos, M.A.Ed
Art Educator
J. H. House Elementary School