Re: [teacherartexchange] TAB -Teaching for Artistic Behavior

---------

From: Karen Chilman (kchilman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 10:32:07 PST

looks like this went to the wrong Karen...I already do TAB in some of my courses!

>>> judy.decker@gmail.com 3/3/2006 12:29 pm >>>
Greetings Karen,

In a well "trained" TAB Classroom, cleanup is like clock work - goes
very smoothly. Just like in any classroom, the kids need to learn the
routine. There can be assigned monitors for each center to over see
clean-up - making sure each student does their share.

DO sign up for TAB list and tune into the Art Show discussion that is
going on right now (over the last couple of days). Your questions
about the art show will be answered.

You can "jump in" feet first and go total choice as some members have
done.... or take "baby steps" as others have done. Some don't like to
give their always successful WOW teacher directed lessons, so those
become part of a center. Demonstrations are still done. You can start
by introducing SOME choices.... Say, you are doing a lesson on Warm
and Cool colors.... Let kids choose subject matter, medium and art
style (their own - or inspired by artists you have hand picked to use
for inspiration).

The art history would then come at the end of the warm/cool lesson and
you would discuss the kiddie work in relation to the artists you had
selected (based on your visual resources). How do styles compare....
sources of ideas.... etc.

Page for more help:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/TAB-CHOICE.htm

Hope this helps,