[teacherartexchange] Chicago-bound?!

---------

From: Amy Broady (AmyBroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 21:13:08 PST

Well, it is about to happen for me, I think!!!

After weeks of pondering, wondering, doubt, indecision and uncertainty, it
looks like I will be spending the later part of my spring break up in
Chicago!

I didn't think I'd be able to--housing being a huge problem. I had no one to
room with, and I was not enthused about staying off-site and having to
navigate (and pay for!) transportation to and from the Hilton.

Well, about 2 weeks ago I attended a county-wide art teacher inserice
meeting, and found out that one of the teachers had an extra space in her
room.

Of course, less then 24 hours later, I was on a flight out of town for a
week, and was unable to follow up with plans. Upon my return the beginning
of this week, I was swamped with getting back into routine while battling a
cold that has become a sinus infection. (Lucky me--not!)

But yesterday I made time to research flight options and today I lined up my
childcare with my DMIL. I need to confirm with that teacher that she still
has room for a 4th. And hope that my preferred flight times and rate are
still available.

Wish me luck! I am hoping and praying it will all work out. This will be my
first time at the NAEA Conference. I am so excited!!! And of course I would
want to meet you all, those who are going, at the breakfast. :-)

It has been a rough few weeks, getting the sub plans and room ready for
someone else to take over for a week, getting my grades in for report cards,
packing myself and my kids for a week out of town, coming back to work
feeling yucky (this is at least the 3rd week of not feeling healthy; I had a
cold before we left town, and had it the whole time I was gone) and having
to adjust back to a 2-hour time change.

All this is why I have been so quiet the past few weeks. I am VERY behind on
reading the posts. I hope that someday I will get caught up; I hate to think
if what I have missed.

But I will be making a dr. appointment tomorrow to get treated for this
thing, and I plan to be 100% healthy for Chicago, and rearing to go get
inspired and energized for the rest of the school year.

I hope to see you there!
Amy 2 (the one who joined late in 2005)