Re: [teacherartexchange] Movie about FRIDA that I can show in my classroom???????

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 14:22:18 PST

I agree! I found "Frida" to be one of the best videos I have watched in
terms of explaining the thought processes behind the artworks. I also
remember watching it and being annoyed that a movie as thought provoking as
this one cannot be shown in a classroom because of the adult themes. While I
understand that the purpose of this video was for entertainment purposes, if
the producers had focused on the long-term educational value I would have
been thrilled. Too bad they didn't ask me!!! :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids