Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: February 28, 2006

---------

From: subha de (desubhade_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 02:13:02 PST

 I have been reading your mails everyday and also
thinking a lot about how to weave these excellent
ideas in the curriculum. Since the last one and half
year that I have taken charge of the art program ,
there has been changes in many areas . Art has become
a compulsory subject till 8th grade and then they can
opt for optional.The students have been extremely
supportive and hard working. Now they also realise
that it is not a GOOD FUN class but they will have to
think and work.
Now when it comes to choice they are simply opting out
as they donot want a thinking course.
The authority donot then ,want to continue with the
senior art academic program and would have art as
once a week activity. This also would mean, mean and
lean budget allocation, less space more of other
duties etc.

This is a private residential school in India.Do you
have such problems? How would you deal with this ?Is
this a right forum to talk about this ?
Subha De

--- TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group digest

http://www.inspiringteachers.com/articles/curriculum/multiple_needs.html

http://www.inspiringteachers.com/tips/curriculum/multiple_needs.html
> "suggested tips and strategies to use to meet the
> diverse needs of
> your learners"
>
> While not specifically for the art classroom.... the
> advice can be
> applied. (Some of the links for resources on these
> pages are broken...
> but I think you can get the gist of it all.)
>
> Note: in a TAB Choice Classroom, "multiple needs"
> are clearly met......

=== message truncated ===