RE: [teacherartexchange] Pysanky eggs

---------

From: Linda White (linda.c.white_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 19:24:00 PST

Heather, Go for it. Students and teachers alike are fascinated by this
art. I did this with 3 classes of fifth graders. CAREFUL with the candles.
I used Patricia Palokas's book as a starting place Rechenka's Eggs. Not
sure of the spelling. I had the teacher stay with the group while we worked
on these. I think we did this in 2 one-hour sessions. Good Luck and Enjoy.
Be sure and give your Mom your examples OR invite her to come to the class
as another pair of hands and make her own. Linda in OK

Has anyone ever done pysanky eggs with a class? How did it turn out? Did
the kids enjoy it? What age did you do it with?

In case you're unfamiliar, here's a website: http://www.learnpysanky.com/