[teacherartexchange] Pysanky eggs

---------

From: Heather Hayes (heatherglenn77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 18:21:00 PST

Has anyone ever done pysanky eggs with a class? How did it turn out? Did
the kids enjoy it? What age did you do it with?

In case you're unfamiliar, here's a website: http://www.learnpysanky.com/

I made one when I was little with my babysitter (who was Ukrainian), and my
mother loved it. She kept it for years, and when it broke in a move a
couple of years ago, she cried. This year, she bought me a couple of kits
in the hopes that I'd do it with a class of kiddos. (I think she just wants
me to make her another egg :) )

Anyway, I'm just wondering if any one had any success stories to encouage me
to be brave enough to try it.

Heather