[teacherartexchange] Oscar Martinez - inspirational art -"mysteries of the mind"

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 12:50:33 PST

Greetings Art Educators,

Oscar Martinez has sent me his link for review. I can think of MANY
lessons that could go along with his art.

http://www.oscarmartinez.com/
"artwork is about the mysteries of the mind, the revelations found in
dreams and the ever present and elusive perception of what we call
reality."

Oscar Martinez was born in MaragŁez, Puerto Rico and resides in
Chicago, Illinois.

One lesson might be figure drawing combined with nature... using gel
pens or overwriter markers. Line, pattern and color -
rhythm/repetition.

Students can browse new work without any problems... You decide how
far you would want them to browse the individual galleries.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/