[teacherartexchange] HS teenaged boys

---------

From: Kristina Rost (mhamster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 07:20:26 PST

on 3/1/06 7:55 AM, Rebecca Burch at mamallama@gmail.com wrote:

> I have all these teenage boys...

I have a several boys who I have trouble "hooking" and reeling in to do art
projects. I suspect they are in my class rather than study hall...a captive
audience.

I did notice some life yesterday when I introduced altered books, but after
some thought I have a niggling suspicion about the enthusiasm of the boys.
MY girls bounded off to the library for discards...and made plans to car
pool to Hobby Lobby...[ I was preening at such enthusiasm for art]

Yesterday glued the edges of the books together weighing down the glued
books with every heavy object in the building... with the intent of
hollowing out the book...I had an example which was innocent and lovely.

I am not sure the intent of the lads is so innocent.

I don't really know how to get them on something...without pulling on the
nose thru the ring effort...

Kristina
in her 8th week of HS art