[teacherartexchange] still life twist

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 05:28:16 PST

THANK YOU for all the terrific ideas - i was so
inspired! i decided on a combo of many suggestions:
work in groups of 2 - 3/decide on a theme like
birthday party or things that are fragile/choose and
draw some objects from still life set ups at
tables/fill in rest with photos from mags that support
theme/HUMOR must be an element!/transform initial
sketch into cubist style drawing with emphasis on
overlapping + transparency

the still life theme and elements will be shared and
created by the group but each student will end up with
their own drawing. exemplars will be Magritte's
Personal Values, Escher's Reptiles and Order + Chaos,
Matisse's + Lichtenstein's Still Life with Goldfish,
and Britto's Squeak Van Britto + Its For You, and a
picture of a toy dinosaur spitting syrup on top of a
pile of pancakes...so far.

some early finishers start today so i'll see how it
goes! also am getting ready to add our landscape
paintings and fauve creatures to the website...

:D wendy free