Re: [teacherartexchange] cool new twist on still life???

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 03:41:47 PST

Adding on to what Maggie wrote.....

I have posted this before... Use your still life arrangements - then
make the final composition Surreal - See Salvador Dali's still life
and Rene Magritte. Have students find images to add to their still
life that will make them "Surreal" - Sketch the still life - find the
images and place them into the sketch. Then transfer all to the good
paper - change scale of found objects - and still life objects as
desired.

I already told Wendy this idea... See work of Clayton Pond. Tina
Grimes sent me a lesson that I will work on getting on IAD. Make the
Still Life 3-D with corrugated cardboard cut-outs.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department (IAD)